Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Prayer



Today I call upon the spirit of bear.
Let me hibernate in my dreams!
Enough running ‘round in circles,
Fat on the calories of honey, honey, honey.
Give me the spirit-food of introspection,
The sustenance of stillness.
Hurl me into that inky space
Between the borealis and
The lobes of my chattering brain.
Cradle me into the long winter’s nap.
Some senseless void.

A quiet mind.
Where I can hear my own heart.

Let me be like the winter trees:
Stripped bare of garish distractions,
The roar of fluttering.
Fall away and leave me as One
While the sap runs slow and deep, deep, deep.
Give me the tenacity of roots,
Silently creeping into the earth,
nourished by the darkness and
the dirt of origins.

1 comment:

  1. Sublime, lovely. Even nicer seeing it here, surrounded by more beauty.

    (Though soon we're going to use only your photos - including the bear!)

    ReplyDelete